Friday, March 9, 2007

we're here

Amy and I arrived last night around 8:20pm PST. I was very tired, because as usual, I could not sleep on the plane. We were given two rounds of snacks (apparently 4 1/2 hours is a long enough flight to necessitate two different snacks.)

Highlights of the plane trip:
-At the airport, Amy and I got big girl drinks at the airport bar. I feel just like my mother! (Was that inappropriate?)
-The captain directed us to buckle our seatbelts, and as the flight attendants came around, Amy and I raised our arms in the air to show that we were fastened in, as if we were about to ride The Beast at King's Island.
-Amy realized that station #12 played 90's music. We plugged in and listened to Lisa Loeb together.
-No other highlights. I don't really like flying that much.

We got off the plane in LA, grabbed our luggage and got our rental car. We made it to Amanda's without getting lost, and spent the rest of the night preparing for today's activities.

Because I have this really amazing internal clock, I was up around 5AM this morning, and laid on the floorbed in Amanda's room until about 7. Oooh, I hope that happens tomorrow! (Nothing like being super tired at 7PM.)

Amy and I had interviews today. I had two: one in Beverly Hills, and one in Hollywood. Both went well, and I was offered one, and am waiting to hear back from the other. Amy had one on the Warner Lot, and was offered that, too. We rule.


we are so mature.


My favorite part of the day (other than being offered an internship) happened while eating a (overpriced!) hummus sandwich outside of a Starbucks on Sunset Blvd. A huge guy--a mountain of a man--was sitting outside drinking some sort of coffee drink, and on his lap sat a Chihuahua wearing a t-shirt that said "BITCHES LOVE ME." I was amused at first at this odd couple, but eventually he started talking to the dog and playing with it, and at one point, he looked up at two girls and said, "I taught him to dance. I once had a big poodle, and I taught him to dance, too." (I love people!!)

I already have an arch-nemesis. It's a big fat white longhaired cat. It spies on me from different areas in the apartment, and I have even caught it lurking in the bathtub waiting for me to go to the bathroom... It's gotten out the front door of the apartment twice, and I've had to retrieve it. I don't know it's name, but it belongs to Amanda's roommate... I hate it.

4 comments:

Dustin Meadows! said...

First off, congrats on the successful interview! I told you shouldn't have been worried!

Secondly, you and Amy do look incredibly mature and you should wear that outfit all the time...People will both fear and respect you, as well as laugh at your jokes as a result of that same fear and respect.

Thirdly, cats can be the devil. Recently, one of my good buddies back home was attacked by his cat...While he was changing his pants. I say you drown the little bastard in the bathtub.

Keep up the good work!

Dustin Meadows! said...

I should probably clarify on the cat story...when I say the cat attacked my friend while he was changing his pants that means the cat pounced on my buddy's pee pee with its claws out.

Matt said...

Dustin's story reminds me of the time that Ren's dog bit him in the scrotum.

Also, I like your hair!

_Theresa said...

yay for success!
you have again confirmed my suspicions that you will be living it up with your Hollywood hommies while i live in a refrigerator box somewhere in east L.A.